21.3.12

How To Wear Palazzo Pants


Palazzo pants a.k.a. the ultimate man repelling, most unsexy pants on Earth? 

I beg to differ. In fact, I think these pants and very chic and elegant. Just make sure to choose in light fabric and simple colour. I'm loving the comfort of flared pants - the bigger the better! Time to take a break from your skin-tight jeans and rock the 70s palazzo!

-

There are many ways to wear palazzo pants but here are 3 simple ways to get started:

(Source: 1, 2, 3)

1. Wear with a loose fitted tee or sweater for a laid back look. (take care not to look sloppy)
2. Cropped tops visually shorten the body and help to elongate legs.
3. A well structured collar look classy and chic. Can't go wrong with this one!

Lastly, remember to be confident!

-

My take on the palazzo pants:


Shirt - Baleno, palazzo pants - Dressabelle, suede heels - New Look, bag - Mel, necklace - Forever 21

I wore my basic palazzo with a simple white tee. Accessorizing is so important for this look! I paired contrasting accessories together to colour-block in a subtle way. While accessories are fun, I still wanted all attention on the pant's exaggerated silhouette.



I get comments like, "I can't wear palazzo pants because I'm short." 

NOT TRUE!

These pants will surely elongate your legs. Try wedges and high platforms, and tuck your shirt into the pants for higher waistline. It' easy to cheat your way to longer looking legs. If you are like me who hasn't been running like I should, the loose fit will hide any imperfection.



Palazzo pants come in different lengths. Mine stops at the ankle. Although it does not lengthen my legs as much as one that reaches the floor, it shows off my shoes! Besides, I can also wear them with flat sandals if I wanted to. (purchase here)


OOTD of my amazing photographer Mandy:


Collar shirt - Salvation Army (second hand), $10
Asymetrical skirt - handmade by a friend
Belt - mom's
Necklace - gifted
Nude pumps - New Look

You do not need expensive designer clothes to look gorgeous. :)