24.7.14

My Jeans Are Unapologetic


 Halter peplum top - c/o Dressabelle
Distressed boyfriend jeans - ZARA
Pointed flats - Charles & Keith
Silver chunky chain necklace - Cheap Monday
Lucite clutch - c/o Dressabelle
Lipstick - Topshop in Infrared

"Wah, your jeans tear until liddat ah?" – the typical reaction among people who see me in this pair of ripped-to-death boyfriend jeans. Now looking at it, I admit it was quite silly of me to have paid $80 for a pair. Like how uncle questioned me, "why you pay so much for poor people jeans?", I find myself unable to reason my irrational purchase decision. Um, maybe because I'm not good at DIY? I don't blame them for not agreeing with me but I personally love how an unapologetic statement it makes, especially in man-repelling boyfriend style. Most of the time, I prefer wearing these jeans on stuffy school days when I just want to dress relaxed in a loose tee and sneakers. But we all know thats nowadays, a trendy piece is not limited to its intended look. It's no secret that I love unexpected combinations when coordinating an outfit. And of course, I had to bring my all time favourite – halter style top – into the picture. On my body, I know for sure the halter is most flattering and forgiving my very bony physique. Once you find something that works, stick to it! The conservative neckline juxtapose against the alluring and sweet baby doll waist on the back. Typical Uli almost never lets herself look too delicate...hence those tough chain necklace and flats fit for a gentleman! Just like operas, boyfriend jeans are not for everyone. So whether you enjoy, disapprove or are annoyed at my taste, I still hope this post encouraged you to try out the unexpected. Don't limit to just one look and soon you'll find your wardrobe recycle itself!

Photos by Alia and Jenn.