29.7.15

Bohemian Rhapsody


Mood:

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me.

Blouse- Vintage from Berlin
Fringe skirt - Forever 21
Lace up flats - China
Canvas tote bag - Muji
Beetle ring - H&M
Lips: YSL tint

I am back from Europe! The one month vacation was really what I needed to spend time away from home and feel creatively energised. One day when we were out and about, somewhere in Berlin, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody (live version here) was playing on the stereo. I had to resist not singing out loud. I've forgotten how much I loved this song. I loved how it doesn't have a chorus, stitched together in three segments, each so different from another. A introductory ballad, followed by heavy rock and a mellow ending makes it altogether incredibly entertaining and pitiful at the same time. It's one of those classics that rarely sounds as good when reproduced.

Anyhow, you'll have to listen to understand. I was touched by the song because I felt like it resonated very much with being away from home. Or life in general if you want to go deeper. It's a hell of ups and downs, joy, enlightenment, loneliness etc. At the end of it all, it was still a beautiful experience difficult to explain. Having said that, of course I missed the comfort of my own room, Singaporean cuisine and my dear friends. Travelling is awesome, but it tires me and deprives me of fellowship. The moment I landed, all I wanted to do was to sleep and hang out with my girlfriends.

Photos by Yun Jing.

30 seconds of fame at the SBA awards
In other news, I won Best Fashion Blog under SPH's Singapore Blog Awards 2015! That's unbelievable! I have been blogging for years and never have I gotten a solid recognition like this. I'm not the best blogger; I don't post regularly, I don't get paid all the time, I'm barely a big shot. But hey, an award like this reassures me that heart and quality content always win. Thank you everyone who has been stalking/ reading/ supporting me.